Robert Stuart BA MSc
Robert is an emerging artist with a preference for the human figure, but who can turn his hand to other genres. He has sold a number of pieces to private individuals, including several commissions.
Robert is classed as ‘self-taught artist’, a term that does no justice to the people who have taught and guided his learning.
Prior to becoming a professional artist, Robert was a software developer.
- Bucks Art Society Autumn Exhibition juried
- Bucks Art Society Open Exhibition juried
- Reading Contemporary Art Fair
- From the Bread Walk Oil on canvas Dinham Bridge seen from the...
- In The Studio Exhibition of Learner Works Robert has an image in MoMA's online catalogue for In The Studio Exhibition of Learner Works on YouTube.
His image is in the forth video (R-Z), at 9m 51s Jan 2018
- Bucks Free Press Robert was one of the people activly involved in making the Last Show happen.
The cutting is a scan of an article in the Bucks Free Press reporting the event.
The image shows people actively involved in making the Last Show happen: Daniel Wilson, ?, Libby Callinicos, ?, Nicola Rowsell, and Robert Stuart outside the studios at Commercial Square together with article about the (then) forthcoming closure of their premises. Nov 2017
- Featured Artist with Bespoke Framing Jun 2011
Bucks Art Society – a society where entry to membership is juried
Tutor at artSmart, a local art shop and school
Workshops: Drawing on the Right Side, a series of workshops held at The Business Showcase, The Bellhouse Hotel, Beaconsfield in November 2011
Several one to one sessions
2012-2013, Artist in Residence for a local charity, the Wycombe Environment Centre
2012-date Robert teaches art at ArtSmart in Beaconsfield
Prior to setting up as an artist, Robert was a software developer.
|MSc||City University||Business Systems Analysis and Design|
|BA||Open University||Computer Science|
|AET L3||Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance||HABC Level 3 Award in Education and Training |
Continuing Personal Development
|The Museum of Modern Art on Coursera||In the Studio: Postwar Abstract Painting||Course Record |
|California Institute of the Arts on Coursera||Live!: A History of Art for Artists, Animators and Gamers||Course Record |
|The Prince’s Drawing School||The Emergent Subject|
Various evening classes in fine art